Some of comedy’s biggest stars, like Jerry Seinfeld and Rodney Dangerfield, hail from Long Island, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that the area is also home to a few legendary comedy clubs. Besides, these days, you don’t need to be in Manhattan to see comedy’s top performers. All of the funniest comedians make their way to these hilarious Long Island comedy clubs.
The Funniest Long Island Comedy Clubs
Governor’s Comedy Club
For over a quarter of a century, Governor’s Comedy Club in Levittown has been bringing the finest comics in the world to Long Island. Here are a few of the club’s upcoming shows:
- Robert Klein (Sat., Aug. 4 at 7:00 p.m.)
- Joey Kola (Sat., Aug. 11 at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.)
- Josh Wolf (Fri., Sept. 21 at 8:00 p.m.; Sat., Sept. 22 at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.)
- Gilbert Gottfried (Sat., Oct. 13 at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.)
- Tom Green (Sun., Oct. 21 at 7:00 p.m.)
Governor’s also has a wide selection of delicious food and tasty cocktails for you to enjoy throughout the show. In addition to being one of the funniest Long Island comedy clubs, the 270-seat room is also available for parties, benefits and fundraising events.
Check here to see Governor’s entire slate of comedians.
Brokerage Comedy Club
For the past three decades, Brokerage Comedy Club, which is located in the heart of Bellmore, has hosted some of the world’s most famous comedians, like Eddie Murphy, Ray Romano, Kevin James and Tim Allen, just to name a few.
Their cocktail lounge, The Vaudeville Café, has a 35-foot bar lined with high-top tables where guests can enjoy a drink or a bite to eat, before or after a performance. The 3,000-square foot club was recently renovated and equipped with state-of-the-art video and audio systems.
If you’d like to visit anytime soon, consider attending one of these upcoming performances:
- Steve White (Fri., Aug. 3 at 8:00 p.m.; Sat., Aug. 4 at 7:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.)
- Angel Salazar (Fri., Aug. 10 at 8:00 p.m.; Sat., Aug. 11 at 7:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.)
- Dan Soder (Fri., Aug. 31 at 8:00 p.m.; Sat., Sept. 1 at 7:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.)
- Thomas Dale (Sat., Sept. 8 at 7:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.)
- Robert Kelly (Fri., Oct. 26 at 8:00 p.m.)
You can find the complete schedule here.
McGuire’s Comedy Club
McGuire’s Comedy Club in Bohemia is proof that Long Island’s great comedy tradition is expanding to Suffolk County. So, if you find yourself out in Suffolk looking for a good laugh, check out one of these hilarious upcoming performers at McGuire’s:
- Bret Ernst (Sat., Aug. 11 at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.)
- Pete Correale (Fri., Aug. 17 at 8:00 p.m.)
- Jessica Kirson (Sat., Aug. 25 at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.)
- John Joseph (Sat., Sept. 8 at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.)
- Robert Kelly (Sat., Oct. 27 at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.)
Click here for their whole schedule of comedy shows.
If you like to laugh, there really aren’t many better places to visit than these historic Long Island comedy clubs.