Aside from several other delicious restaurants and eateries, Long Island is also home to a bunch of terrific burger joints. To whet your appetite, we have compiled a definitive list of the best burgers on Long Island.
Where to Find the Best Burgers on Long Island
Black Label Burgers
Located in the heart of Westbury, Black Label Burgers is one of the newest Long Island burger joints to hit the scene. This modern gastropub gives visitors a trendy environment to enjoy one-of-a-kind burgers paired with delicious local craft beers, like Coney Island Mermaid Pilsner and Blue Point Toasted Lager.
Black Label only uses the highest quality dry-aged beef and fresh produce to enhance tenderness and flavor. Some of their signature burgers include:
- Black Label (USDA Prime beef, American cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, label sauce)
- Red Label (USDA Prime beef, bacon, jalapenos, lettuce, pepperjack cheese, tomato)
- Yellow Label (USDA Prime beef, fried mac-n-cheese, lettuce, tomato)
- Orange Label (Antibiotic-free grilled chicken, sliced avocado, lettuce, tomato, onion)
- Gray Label (All-natural turkey, sliced avocado, lettuce, tomato, cranberry sauce, white cheddar)
Just make sure to order some of their delicious fries to go along with your burger. However, if you’re looking for more than burgers, they also have Wagyu hot dogs and salads.
All-American Hamburger Drive-In
A list of the best burgers on Long island would be incomplete without All-American. Family-owned and operated since 1963, All-American Hamburger Drive-In in Massapequa will have you feeling nostalgic for the ‘50s with their vintage, no-frills approach to fast food.
For an old-school drive-in, All-American really does have it all. They’ve got fries, onion rings, grilled cheeses, fish filets, hot dogs, knishes and, of course, out-of-this-world milkshakes.
As for burgers, you can order singles, doubles and even quarter pounders. Just keep in mind, this quintessential old-fashioned burger joint is cash only, with just outdoor seating available.
The Rex Burger & Lobster
The Rex Burger & Lobster, a Mineola institution, is where fine food meets fast dining in a modern, trendy environment. When you visit, make sure that you try the eponymous Rex Burger, which is served on a toasted fresh bun. It includes:
- All-natural certified Angus beef from Niman Ranch
- American cheese
- Hand-leafed lettuce
- Vine-ripe tomatoes
- Rex sauce
- Grilled or raw onions
In addition to several French fry and shake options, The Rex also serves fried chicken, filet mignon, filet of fish and Maine Lobster sandwiches.
The Burger Spot
Last but not least, The Burger Spot in Garden City is commonly regarded as having some of the best burgers on Long Island. Dedicated to serving quality food, this restaurant uses only the finest and freshest ingredients.
All of their burgers are made with grass-fed 100% USDA Angus beef. Best of all, they never use any preservatives, antibiotics, hormones, fillers or added color. Aside from sides, salads, soups and beverages, make sure you try one of their signature burgers, like:
- Texan (cheddar, BBQ sauce, bacon, topped with an onion ring)
- Belgian (blue cheese sauce, bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato, red onion)
- Hawaiian (pineapple, bacon, lettuce, tomato, teriyaki sauce)
- Argentinian (pepperjack, red onion, chimichuri sauce)
They also have poultry, seafood and veggie burgers made to order.
There are no two ways about it—these four restaurants are serving the absolute best burgers on Long Island.