For years, Jones Beach has been the undisputed go-to hotspot for summer fun on the south shore of Long Island. One of the biggest reasons for this is the many incredible concerts put on every summer at Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater. Check out this guide to learn about this year’s concerts and how to spend a day at the beach leading up to them.
Spending a Day at Jones Beach
The best way to experience a day at Jones Beach is by visiting the 6.5-mile long beach itself. Due to its widespread popularity, it tends to fill up quickly, especially on the weekends, so plan to get there early.
For those early risers, there’s nothing more beautiful than a Jones Beach sunrise. Also, if you’re big into fishing or surfing, there’s no better time to visit than the early morning hours.
Otherwise, grab your cooler, umbrella and some sunscreen and head down to the beach whenever. Enjoy a relaxing day of soaking in the sun and take a quick dip in the ocean.
Activities and Features
When you visit Jones Beach, there are several great amenities that you can enjoy anytime, including:
- 2-mile boardwalk
- Miniature golf
- Concession stands
- Athletic courts for basketball and shuffleboard
- Boardwalk band shell for performances and events
- Swimming pools
Therefore, if lounging in the sand and swimming in the ocean aren’t your thing, there are plenty of other great activities that you can partake in. If you’re interested in the outdoors, make sure you check out the Theodore Roosevelt Nature Center for educational tours and programs for all ages.
Northwell Health at Jones Beach Theater
After your day at the beach is complete, cross over Ocean Parkway into the theater parking lot to get some tailgating in before the concert begins. Most people bring a cooler, tons of refreshments and all kinds of snacks. Tailgates before Jones Beach Theater concerts are always a guaranteed party.
Tickets for all of the concerts can be found here. If you’re planning to bring a child under the age of two, no ticket is required. Just be aware, since the venue is located on New York State Park property, alcohol is strictly prohibited everywhere except in the Backstage Oasis or VIP tent area.
2017 Summer Concert Schedule
Just like every other year, Jones Beach Theater is home to several world-class performers and concerts. Here are some of this summer’s most popular upcoming shows:
- Saturday, June 3: KTUphoria with the Backstreet Boys, Miley Cyrus, Fifth Harmony, Jason Derulo and more
- Wednesday, June 14: Train with OAR and Natasha Bedingfield
- Thursday, June 15: Florida Georgia Line, Nelly and Chris Lane
- Friday, July 7: James Taylor and Bonnie Raitt
- Saturday, July 8: VAN’s Warped Tour
- Saturday, July 22: Muse, Thirty Seconds to Mars and PVRIS
- Thursday, August 3: Brad Paisley, Dustin Lynch, Chase Bryant & Lindsay Ell
- Wednesday, August 23: John Mayer
- Sunday, August 27: Luke Bryan & Brett Elredge with Craig Campbell
Don’t forget, this doesn’t include every summer concert. The entire list can be found here.
If you’re looking for the quintessential Long Island summer activity, then you need to attend a concert at Jones Beach Theater.